I posted this on FB, but thought I would add it here too.
Hello my name is Ryan and i am a addict. If i must do this then the twenty five things i write will have to be things i am addicted too. .
1. My kids…I couldn’t exist with Gillian’s random knowledge, Braeleigh’s cuddly hugs or Dominik’s sweet, sweet smiles.
2. My man…hard to believe but for once (and for forever) I have found a man I can’t live without….he is me made over as a man…I swear!
3. My family….my momma is my best friend, my sisters are my strength, my grandparents are the foundation that hold me up and my life would be so sparse and sad without the love and support of every other family member that I am close to.
4. My girls (especially my goddesses, you know who you are!)…you are my sounding board, my support group, my angel and my devil, my advisors, my co-conspirators and my partners in crime. I love you all!
5. My zoo…my puppy-dogs are the best, even when they make me nuts and my kitty is some weird sort of structure to my life because she has always been there and is consistent…as for the rest of the menagerie of animals that make a life in my house for however short or long, I love them, whatever their purpose and I will probably never stop letting my kids bring home kitties, frogs, rabbits, etc.
6. My beliefs….most of you won’t understand them and I won’t get into them here….but they make me, well me
7. Music…whatever kind I am in the mood for, I love almost all of it and it can make or break my mood for the day. I sing, I dance…with or without an audience…I shoulda been a ROCKSTAR! Just for those of you who happen to be unaware, my favorite band is Aerosmith and I want to do bad things to Steven Tyler and Joe Perry…
8. Art…I have lived and breathed art most of my life…I write, I draw, I paint, I sew, I make candles, I make soap, I sketch, I can craft just about anything I decide to try to…
9. Books…I read and read and read….I love all kinds of books, murder mystery, crime, history, fantasy, love, poetry, relationships, how-to, biography….
10. FOOD…I love eating it, cooking it, serving it, looking at it, thinking about it….
11. Pictures…I have tens of thousands of pictures…literally…I take pictures of everything, all the time, I love curling up with my kids and rehashing theevent through pictures…oh and my house is covered, I can never bring myself to take old ones down so I just keep filling up walls.
12. Housework…my mom and my grandma might disagree here but my addiction doesn’t mean my place is spotless….but I am incapable of sitting down if I have housework to do….and I actually don’t hate it.
13. Hair dye….use it regularly and change it often…I truly believe I would be so fickle in so many other parts of my life if I didn’t change my hair color and style so often…
14. Facebook….it’s my way to connect when I have too many things to do and I love that I can share and conversate with family and friends that I wouldn’t have the time to see in real life, those are relationships I don’t have to miss out on now.
15. Computer games, currently Frontierville…it’s my way to mindless decompress after a crying baby, fighting kids or just a long day saps my energy…plus I think its awesome that you can walk through fences like a ghost and scare full size grizzly bears by jumping up and down and waving your arms…
16. Exclamation points and the triple period…well punctuation and symbols in general really…I’m not sure why people have trouble gathering feelings, emotion, mood, frame of mind, etc from emails and written word these days…I write like I talk, exclamation points when I’m excited and in real life I would be louder and over-exaggerating awesomeness…when there are several periods, I am thinking and possibly changing subjects, just like real life!
17. Make-up…I have a love affair with make-up, particularly liquid eyeliner and eyeshadow…it makes me happy and it’s fun to put on, I own every color imaginable and yes girls if you try you can pull off any color!
18. Tootsie Rolls…they are awesome and that is all.
19. Googly Eyes…every craft project needs them, they rock…and they make things look silly and alive…neon ones are the best…
20. Raspberries…no, not the fruit, the kind you blow on babies tummies…they are funny and sound like farts…right now my arm is my son’s favorite toy, he will sit for 30 minutes and blow raspberries on my arm…I love it!
21. Movies…I could not live without movies, I think tv is awful in general with the exception of a small percentage of shows…so I watch movies all the time in between those good shows, and honestly I usually watch the same movie over and over and over for a few days before I tire of it…right now I’m watching The Family Stone, it makes me feel holiday-ish and after watching it I want to hang out with my Mom and Mamaw…
22. The Big Bang Theory…the single greatest tv show ever! I own every season, I adore the characters and think the humor is amazing. ‘Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.’ ~ Sheldon Cooper
23. Wii…love the games, love the real movement and love that the whole family can participate…we brought it to Christmas Eve dinner once and we all got tipsy and bowled until 2am, even my 70 yr old Grandma…it doesn’t get more awesome than that
24. Shoes…stilettos, boots, flip-flop, pumps, sandals, tennis shoes…leather, snakeskin, suede…no heel, wedge heel, 4 inch heel…they all look wonderful in my custom closet designed to hold, you guessed it! Shoes!
25. Last but not least…the word ‘awesome’. No explanation necessary.