Ten Things Tuesday
1. ‘Wow, your house is a mess! So unlike you!’ – this makes me stabby, and you all know my particular brand of crazy, sooo……
2. Have you tried x-y-z to make yourself better? – I’m 30 years old, I know what does and does not work for me…so I doubt I will purchase the $13 pack of zinc lozenges that cured your cold in 72 minutes, quit hassling me about it.
3. Have you given your kids cough meds/tylenol/expectorant to make them better? – I have 3 of those little monsters, one of which I have had for eight whole years! Amazingly enough, I have given them the proper meds for their illness, they do have a cool mist humidifier in their room and I do know what I am doing. Getting stabby again already! LOL
4. Do you think you guys will be well again to go to ‘The huge spectacular event of mine’ in two days? – No, I don’t. Even if we were, I don’t feel like jumping immediately back into social obligations with still weak immune systems thanks.
5. Must be nice to work from home and be with your kids when they are sick. – No it’s not, they are mean little monsters when they are sick. And I can’t escape the germs, that is why I am so sick too!
6. Don’t you love it when they are all sweet and cuddly when they are sick? – Did I mention my kids get mean? Getting cuddled with is nice but I prefer sleepy not sick cuddles, I tend to dislike get sneezed-hacked-thrown up on. Plus I am sick myself and I am a do-not-invade-my-germ-infested-bubble sick person.
7. At least your hubby works from home and can help out. – Ha! That is all I have to say about that, he sleeps a lot when we are sick, my kids get their sick unpleasantness from me.
8. I know how you feel! (especially when you don’t have kids yourself) – You know nothing.
9. You look like crap! – Thank you for that. After an entire week of holding sick children through the night when I should be sleeping to get myself to get better does make me less than rock-star-ish, I’m glad for the reminder. Now where’s my knife so I can cut you?
10. Did you know your kid’s nose is all snotty? – Yes, yes I do…and I have given up the fight with it. After seven days of chasing a toddler around with a snotty nose and wiping every five minutes I surrender. The snot wins!
Check out next week on Ten Things Tuesday!
Please grab my TTT button and put it somewhere in your TTT post. Then link up to Ten Things Tuesday below and share your Ten Things today! Funny, serious, happy, sad, all are welcome!
**Don’t forget to fix those pesky smart quotes when copying and pasting the button above.**
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…