Ten Things Tuesday
1. Do you know how he bought my engagement ring?
2. …and the umpteen home improvements we have done over the past few years?
3. Sick days are never do or die at our house, with both of us working at home, no one has to take off work and risk their job because the other is out of commission for a week. ( and you actually have time to recover from your illness making it one week long rather than one month long)
4. Equal housework responsibilities.
5. All our kids have the ability to do extracurricular activities since poker is flexible and both parents can run kids around. (Of course more activities can be done with our kids because of awesome grandparents!)
6. Money is usually available whenever you need it because poker is so fluid.
7. We can take awesome vacations whenever we want (as long as finances are good) because he can work from anywhere!
8. I don’t always have to be the bad guy, because we are both there to take turn disciplining the kids.
9. A “woo hoo” from the basement often means ‘We just made a lot of money!’
10. Never missing another Girl’s Night Out or party because Daddy is always home on time, so I can have my social life!
Check out next week on Ten Things Tuesday!
Please grab my TTT button and put it somewhere in your TTT post. Then link up to Ten Things Tuesday below and share your Ten Things today! Funny, serious, happy, sad, all are welcome!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
1. The prime times for play always fall during odd times of the day or night for your family.
2. Good poker nights mean Daddy sleeps all day.
3. When you hear a yell, it is usually a bad thing…..a bad thing that concerns your spending money.
4. When you hear a yell, it is usually 3 am. Sometimes followed by a cry, from one of your kids who was scared awake. Aah!
5. When you hear a yell and respond to keep children from waking, it is usually returned with the snarky grumpiness of a man who just lost $50+.
6. Did I mention that yell means that Momma doesn’t get a new pair of shoes?
7. You are constantly subjected to conversations that includes short-stacking, EV, gut shot, the nuts and fish.
8. After awhile you know what fish, whales and donkeys are. Not the cute animals you think of.
9. Eventually you become a translator for normal human beings having a conversation with your poker obsessed spouse. ‘I ran my AA into KK twice and hit a gutter on the river with QQ vs. KK in a 3 bet pot.’ means ‘I had two Aces and another guy had two Kings in two different hands. And had a inside straight draw on the fifth (or last) card dealt with two Queens against another player with two Kings with a pot that has had 3 betting rounds in it.’ His way is much shorter but it causes peoples’ eyes to glaze over.
10. What does your husband do? Oh…..um, he is an online gambler. <weird look from the other person> This is usually followed by a totally personal invasion where any and everyone would like to know the legality of the job, what he makes and how do they get into that? (usually said sarcastically as if it were a get-rich-quick scheme)
Check out next week when I tell you how it really does rock on Ten Things Tuesday!
I WISH! I WISH!
….because instead of working on the work I should be doing that has been putting food on our table….
….all I have been doing is housework and playing with the kids and taking care of everything else!
So I wish for no housework, no cooking, no cleaning…but I don’t really want to be a man.
And just please, please let me get my work work done! : )